Nintendo Switch Redownload
For information, you can only re-download games in the active Nintendo Switch console for Nintendo Accounts that bought the game. If you see a message saying another console is set as an active console, you must first disable the other console. Archived games (not deleted) will still have an icon in Menu HOME and can be re-downloaded by anyone on the console. Games that have been deleted will not have an icon in Menu HOME, and can only be re-downloaded with the Nintendo Account that originally bought the game. This feature is available for Nintendo Accounts to set to US and Canada, and countries with limited versions of Nintendo eShop. Here's how to get started:
1. Access the Nintendo Switch Menu HOME and verify whether the icon for the game appears there.
Do games have icons in Menu HOME?
Nintendo Switch Download Progress
If "Yes" follow these steps:
A. Select the game icon in Menu HOME.
B. Select "Download."
- Download will start automatically. You can check the download status in Menu HOME.
- If you see an error message saying "The Nintendo account used to purchase this software has been unlinked,"
Nintendo Switch Not Downloading
If "No" follow these steps:
A. Access Nintendo eShop with Nintendo Accounts that buy games.
- * This game can only be re-downloaded by the Nintendo Account that originally bought the game.
B. Select your icon image in the top right corner to access your Account Information.
C. Highlight "Redownload" on the left side of the screen. The list of titles you buy will appear.
D. Highlight the game you want to re-download and select the orange icon to start the download.
- * Download will start automatically. You can check the download status in Menu HOME.