How are the Joy-Con being used?
How about all this? do not worry let's examine one by one from all parts of Joy-Con Controller:
Joy-Con Controller Buttons Are Not Responding While Attached
We test whether Joy-Con control buttons are not responding connect to the Nintendo Switch console. In this case, usually, the button test feature on the console is not available for the following keys:
How to handle it?
1. You must know whether the buttons that are not responsive feel sticky or pinched. Turn off the console and clean the area around the problem buttons using a soft and dry toothbrush. Avoid using any cleaners or liquids.
2. Make sure your console has the latest system updates.
If the console is up to date, restart by pressing the POWER button for three seconds, and select "Power Options"> "Restart."
How the result of which buttons do not respond?
- Any other button
Unable to Turn Off or Power Off the Console
While in the HOME Menu, press and hold the POWER button for at least one second.
If the console does not go into sleep mode, you need to proceed to troubleshoot the POWER Button with the following steps:
Problems usually occur
- Nintendo Switch will not turn off when POWER button is pressed.
- The screen is stuck on the Power Menu and will not respond.
- When holding down the Power Button for at least three seconds, the Power Menu is not displayed.
- When the console is turned on, pressing the POWER button once will not turn it off, but set to Sleep Mode.
To continue solving this case complete these steps:
- Undock the console and attach the Joy-Con controllers.
- Remove any game cards or microSD cards from the system.
- Press and hold down the POWER Button for three seconds, then select "Power Options"> "Turn Off." If the console does not respond, press and holds down the POWER Button for at least twelve seconds to force the console to shut down.
- Press the POWER Button once to turn on the console again and ensure it has the latest system update.
If the console cannot be turned off, or if this problem often occurs, the Nintendo Switch console needs to be fixed. Please visit the official site for Nintendo repair system.
Unable to Adjust Volume on the Console
While in the HOME Menu, verify that the volume changes on the console speakers when the volume buttons are pressed. If the volume buttons are still unresponsive we will be careful first:
Problems usually occur
- While undocked you cannot adjust the volume on the Nintendo Switch console.
- One or both of the volume buttons are not responding on the Nintendo Switch console.
- While the console is docked, the sound from the console speakers will be automatically turned off.
How to Resolve Unable to Adjust Volume on the Console:
1. Make sure your console has the latest system updates.
2. With the undocked console, disconnect all headphones from the console.
- If the "Silent when Shut Down Headphone" setting is on, by unplugging the headphones, the sound on the console speaker will be silenced until the volume key is pressed, or until this setting is turned off manually.
- To turn this setting off manually, choose "System Settings"> "System"> "Mute when Headphone is Disconnected."
3.Restart the console by holding down the POWER button for at least 3 seconds, then select "Power Options"> "Restart."
4.Start a game or application and turn off the volume by pressing the "+" button in the console, or adjust the volume from the Quick Settings screen.
- when the console is removed and one of the volume keys is pressed, the volume level indicator will be displayed briefly in the upper left corner of the LCD screen.
5. If the problem persists, try using a different game or app.
If the volume level indicator is not displayed briefly when the volume button is pressed, or if the volume on the console cannot be adjusted using the volume button or from the Quick Settings screen, the Nintendo Switch console needs to be fixed. Please visit the official site for repair system.
Unable to Adjust HOME on the Console
You need to test whether when navigating the menu or in a game, press the HOME button and whether the sign is of the following:
- If the screen does not return to the HOME Menu, there may be a problem with the console or with the appropriate Joy-Con.
- If possible, test the console using other Joy-Con controls.
- If both Joy-Con works correctly on the console, Joy-Con's original rights need to be fixed, for this, you need to contact Nintendo Contact Information.
If both Joy-Con is not responding with the console, or if the second Joy Con second is not available, the Nintendo Switch console needs to be fixed. For testing purposes, include the original Joy-Con control. The next step you can visit Nintendo's Online Repair Set-Up.
Unable to Capture Screenshots
You can not capture a screenshot in the Nintendo Switch console.
A message is displayed indicating that you need to free up space to capture a screenshot.
There is no response when pressing the Capture key.
What to do:
- Under the Nintendo Switch console and install the Joy-Con controller.
- While in the HOME Menu, press the Capture key to the left of the Joy-Con controller.
- If a message is received about the need to free up space, you can do the following:
- Archive-downloaded software.
- Insert a microSD card to store new screenshots or to copy screenshots from System Memory.
- If the problem only occurs when using a particular app, it is possible that the Capture key is not compatible with that application. Check the software manually.
- If you have verified that the app in question is compatible with the Capture Button, try testing the app using different Joy-Con controls.
- If the second left Joy-Con working properly on the console, the original one leaving Joy-Con needs to be fixed.
To repair fixes for accessory only, contact us for support by contacting Nintendo Contact Information.
If Situation Unresolved:
If there is no response to the other Joy Joy, then the Nintendo Switch console needs to be fixed. For testing purposes includes a left-handed Joy-Con controller that does not work. Please visit the official site for repair system.
The last step is Perform a button test for the unresponsive button. Please test all other buttons.
That was the step of fixing Joy-Con controller buttons are not responding while attached may be useful.